Think of your reception desk like your business card, it informs your client’s impression of you and your business. It should serve as the focal point for your entire reception area and project an image that speaks to the type of business you’re running. If you haven’t already, it might be time to consider giving your reception desk an update.
As one of the most important parts of the reception area, a reception desk needs to be well designed and attractive reception desk to give the right impression. Just like you would dress well to an important interview or meeting, your reception desk needs to be “dressed” professionally too. Reception desks come in a wide variety of shapes and styles. They can be made from wood, glass, or even steel. Wood veneers can create a sumptuous, quality finish for your reception desk. Today’s wood grain laminates are also incredibly convincing as well as durable.
Practical Reception Desks
There is more to selecting a good reception desk than aesthetics though. The reception area is where many important tasks are carried out such as sending and receiving letters, answering phone calls and of course attending to visitors. It’s important that your reception desk’s design accommodates the need for receptionists to multitask and switch tasks easily and efficiently. They should do this by providing an organized workspace with ample room to get work done. It’s also a good idea to choose a desk that comes with plenty of storage area for important documents and which can be designed to keep clutter such as computer and phone wires out of sight.
Questions to Ask Before Selecting A Reception Desk
- How many users will your desk need to accommodate? Does it need to be wheelchair accessible?
- Does your reception desk require specific equipment such as computers, printers, fax machines, and security equipment? Do you want equipment to be visible to visitors or should they be concealed behind a raised counter?
- What type of storage will it need? Pedestals, shelving, cupboards etc.
- Will it need to fit in with important architectural features such as walls, columns, split level floors or ceilings?
- Does it need to be secure or sealed off from visitors?
Office Furniture from Glover Furniture
Looking to create a better office? Glover Furniture can help. Glover Furniture and Design Group is a woman-owned and operated business that serves the Delmarva region with educational, institutional, and commercial furniture and design services. For information on how we can optimize your office design, give us a call at 1-800-966-9016 or contact us online. To see examples of our work and stay in touch, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.