Lots of office furniture uses either a plastic laminate surface or a wood veneer surface. This is especially common with things like desks and bookshelves. So which is better?
Well, both have their pros and cons, so it’s hard to say whether or not one is better than the other. In any event, if you’re looking into purchasing new office furniture, it’s good to know whether you’ll prefer plastic laminate or wood veneer before you make your purchase. So in this week’s blog, we’re going to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of both so you can make an informed decision.
Office Furniture: Plastic Laminate vs. Wood Veneer
Laminate office furniture is made up of sheets of wood that use a strong adhesive to adhere to a core material.
- It’s cheaper than wood veneer.
- Laminate furniture doesn’t require much maintenance.
- There are lots of styles to choose from.
- Very resistant to fading.
- Is sometimes perceived as cheap. However, the quality of laminate office furniture has increased significantly in recent years.
Wood veneer uses thin pieces of real wood that are adhered to a core material.
- Looks like real wood.
- It’s very durable.
- Wood veneer office furniture is cheaper than real wood.
- In general, the materials it’s made of are of higher quality than plastic laminate furniture.
- It’s more expensive than plastic laminate furniture.
- It can scratch.
- It requires more maintenance than laminate.
- May not be available in as many distinct styles.
Which should you choose?
At the end of the day, the choice is up to you. Wood veneer office furniture and plastic laminate office furniture both offer practical solutions for the needs of your office. If you’re interested in consulting with a professional to help you outfit your new office, Glover Furniture and Design Group can help!
Glover Furniture and Design Group, Inc.
We are a woman operated business supplying the Delmarva region, including Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania, with educational, institutional and commercial furniture. Stay with our blog for weekly posts! For more information, contact us today at 1-800-966-9016 or 410-771-8000. Don’t forget to connect with us on social media with Facebook, Twitter,Google+, and Pinterest.